Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

Valentines Day survival

Hey Lovebugs

It is almost that time of year again, when love surrounds us all in a VERY open manner. The shops are filled with tacky cheap treats and toys for you to give your loved ones, where restaurants suddenly become fully booked, dozens of people suddenly become engaged, love songs suddenly fill the airwaves....whats all the fuss about one day a year? seriously, if you cannot say I love you to the one you love more than once a year, wtf are you doing with them?!
But, where did valentines day come from?

Valentines day always falls February 14th each year, is celebrated the world over but not as a holiday in each country. It is named after a Christian martyr from the 5th century who signed a letter to his love "your Valentine!".

Ok enough about all those loved up weirdos who use one single day to celebrate what they have.
What about those who don't have, what they have?
What about all the singletons?

I stand or rather sit here right now telling you I am single and have been now for the last two valentines days. Sure I don't want to be single and it wasn't my choice either but least I'm no longer with a hippocrite right lol
When my heart shattered into a million piece puzzle with one big bit missing I sprilled downward. In fact I was so lost and alone I hit depression and wanted never to wake up.

I am 1000% positive that there's at least thousands of people out there both men and women of differing ages who both feel as I feel about Valentines day whether in a relationship or not and perhaps have at sometime felt as I did at the end of a relationship.

Whether you've been cheated on, lied to, dumped, walked out on, abandoned, threatened, all of the above or something else I ask you this Valentines Day to acknowledge your own heart!

How does it feel, when you think of love?
How do you feel when you see couples?

If you are single this valentines day I want you to know you are not alone, there are other souls out there!

It is so easy to find yourself  being dragged down by the high of others, so I want you to right now to close your eyes and put your hand on your heart. Feel its beat, its rhythm. Then promise yourself you'll make the most of this valentines no matter what!

I then want you to make plans for how you'll celebrate the love you have for yourself.
This can include things like
- a candle lit bath in rose petals with your best bubbles and bubbly.
- a movie with the hunkiest actor / or if you're male the hottest actress.
- going for a romantic walk with your heart and see where it takes you.
- buy yourself the most expensive meal you can (without breaking your diet if you can lol)

If theres a group of you singletons, then get together as a group of singles!
There is no written rule that states because you are single you have to be alone on valentines day. Hell it's not even a real holiday!

I am actually going to turn this into a facebook event Will You Be My V-Day Detour? I really hope you'll join me and pass this on to someone who you think will get something out of this or needs reminding of where their heart is. Believe me, its still there, its still beating no matter the damage you / they have endured.

Rach X







No comments:

Post a Comment